time and again
time and again
also time and time again
Meaning | Definition
- to be repeated very often
- to happen again and again
- over and over again
- The children have been explained this sequence time and again but just refuse to follow suit.
- I have been saying the same thing time and time again. Why don’t you listen to me?
- The judgement in such cases is repeated time and again but sadly the crime is constantly repeated.
- This story is played in my school time and again.
- I have watched this movie time and again but never get bored.
- You keep making the same mistakes time and again. I will be writing a note to your teacher to let her know of this.
- I am reminded time and again about the fact that I come from a modest background while they spend like there is no tomorrow. I hate this hypocrisy.
- I tell my children time and time again to save money for the rainy day.
The phrase is away from repeating the words “again and again” to making them into “time and again”. The time in the phrase refers to something that is happening a lot or “every time”. The origin of the phrase is speculated to have been in the American English language but there is no literary source available to prove the same.
- very often
- on a regular basis
- all the time
Idiom of the Day
build bridges Meaning: improve relationships between people who are very different or do not like each other. Example: A non-governmental organization is engaged in building bridges between different ... Read on