dog eat dog
dog eat dog
- a very competitive world
- ruthlessly competitive business environment.
- marked by destructive or ruthless competition; without self-restraint, ethics, etc.
- do anything to be successful, even if what they do harms other people
- Getting ahead in life at any cost
- a place or situation that is highly competitive
1. The only rule of the marketplace was dog-eat-dog.
2. It's a dog-eat-dog industry.
3. You have to look out for your own interests; it's a dog-eat-dog world.
4. Your company fired you two days after you had a heart attack? Well, it's certainly a dog-eat-dog world.
4. It's a dog eat dog world out there. You have to do whatever you can to survive.
5. Many colleges are dog-eat-dog. People will compete at any cost for higher grades and not care if others get hurt in the process.
6. That school is dog-eat-dog. The students cheat and even destroy each other's work to get better grades."
7. In film business it's dog eat dog - one day you're a star, the next you've been replaced by younger talent.
8. In a dog eat dog world, there is intense competition and rivalry, where everybody thinks only of himself or herself.
9. In the dog eat dog world out there it pays to know who one's real friends are.
Present since 1930.
Idiom of the Day
in due course Meaning: in a reasonable length of time. Example: The students will receive the exams notification in due course.