having a crush
having a crush on
- infatuated with someone
- have strong feelings of love for someone
- have romantic feelings for a person, usually for a short time and with no results
- a brief but intense feeling of love for someone
- I think Steve has a crush on our new English teacher; he always looks forward to her classes and even goes to ask questions after classes, though he actually doesn’t need to.
- When I was young, I had a big crush on one of the top actresses of our times; I even had posters of her all over my room.
- Teenagers usually have a crush on famous personalities – film stars, celebrities, sportspersons – as they grow older, they outgrow these fantasies.
- Elvis Presley was a huge star of his time, he was so popular that a whole generation of young women had a huge crush on him.
- My niece told me that she has a crush on the new boy in her class – she found her very cute and attractive.
- After being spurned twice, Sally said she would never have a crush on anyone again.
- My sister thinks she has a crush on my best friend.
- Joe is the athletics champion of our school, and and many girls have a crush on him.
The origin of the idiom is not known.
Idiom of the Day