having a crush
having a crush on
- infatuated with someone
- have strong feelings of love for someone
- have romantic feelings for a person, usually for a short time and with no results
- a brief but intense feeling of love for someone
- I think Steve has a crush on our new English teacher; he always looks forward to her classes and even goes to ask questions after classes, though he actually doesn't need to.
- When I was young, I had a big crush on one of the top actresses of our times; I even had posters of her all over my room.
- Teenagers usually have a crush on famous personalities - film stars, celebrities, sportspersons - as they grow older, they outgrow these fantasies.
- Elvis Presley was a huge star of his time, he was so popular that a whole generation of young women had a huge crush on him.
- My niece told me that she has a crush on the new boy in her class - she found her very cute and attractive.
- After being spurned twice, Sally said she would never have a crush on anyone again.
- My sister thinks she has a crush on my best friend.
- Joe is the athletics champion of our school, and and many girls have a crush on him.
The origin of the idiom is not known.
Idiom of the Day
fingers crossed or, crossed fingers The gesture is referred to by the common expressions "cross your fingers", "keep your fingers crossed", or just "fingers crossed". Meaning | Synonyms ... Read on