have the hots for
have the hots for someone
- be very sexually attracted to someone
- desire someone sexually
- be sexually aroused by someone
- think someone to be sexually attractive
- My friend has the hots for the new girl who has recently joined his team.
- She has the hots for her gym instructor – she loves his bulging muscles and finds him very appealing.
- The way he is looking at the girl in the little black dress, I think he has the hots for her.
- The swimming coach has the hots for one of the girls he coaches. Whenever she’s in the pool, he never looks anywhere else.
- He has the hots for the yoga teacher who lives down the neighbourhood. He has signed up for her classes just so that he can look at her doing yoga.
- He used to be a footballer in high school and most of the girls had the hots for him; but he was very shy and never gave them any encouragement.
- I think that girl has the hots for my friend, she keeps looking for opportunities to be with him.
- I know you have the hots for her, but be careful, she has the reputation of dumping guys every few months.
The origin of this phrase is not known.