by the way
by the way
- additionally, not in context with the ongoing conversation or as a side point
- can be used to soften a blow or give news that is not pleasant because there is a pause after the phrase through a comma
- I will not be going to the party. By the way, I do not like him too much.
- You needn’t know everything about him. By the way, he has great bank balance.
- By the way, I will come to your house in a while to update my notes.
- To go for the movie will seriously damage my schedule. By the way, you are not going either.
- By the way, my mother will be home for dinner tomorrow. Be sure to get done with your meetings sooner so you can spend some time with her.
- Don’t you know that he has moved on? By the way, no one knows where he lives since the last one year.
- By the way, I would be taking your car for my concert. I won’t be able to find a taxi to such a place.
- “By the way, could you please make the dinner for all of us today?”
This is a modern day phrase and used in common parlance. In written the abbreviation BTW is also a popular way of addressing this phrase. The literary origin of this phrase cannot be traced accurately.
Share your thoughts1 Thought
Uriarra BTW - This is a common use of BTW in gaming, especially when filling in your "Profile Name" say on Steam.
- Uriarra Heap May 7, 2021