Meaning | Definition
- the point after which things become better
- the time of significant change (mostly positive) in situation
- a turn of time from where the better way of life or situation starts
- The turning point in the story came when the protagonist lost his sister in a car accident.
- I have seen many turning points in my life and don’t believe that only one of them ever became the reason for my success.
- The turning point in my relationship came when his mother decided to come to and live with us.
- My exit from the company became the turning point of my career and then I established my own firm.
- The birth of my daughter was the turning point of my life. It is then that I understood my responsibilities and started working hard to earn more.
- The remission at this stage of having cancer was truly the turning point of her life.
- I only got hooked to the novel at its turning point. Until then it was quite frankly a little boring.
- The turning point of her life had to be her marriage.
- The turning point in my relationship with my in-laws was the day I answered their taunts.
The phrase refers to a point after which the situation becomes positively different and hence makes that moment important.
- boiling point
- defining moment
Share your thoughts