- a home or place where two people who love each other live
- a place where two lovers meet secretly to make love
- a place used for making love, usually secretly
- a place where a couple can enjoy each other’s company
- a place where two lovers spend time together, especially in secret
- It was rumoured that the boss was having an illicit love affair with one of his subordinates. Apparently, he had set up a love nest a few blocks away from the office where they met everyday after work.
- The young business tycoon and his newly married wife set up their love nest in a luxurious villa off the beach.
- The two had been having an affair for quite some time and had a love nest in the city where they used to meet at lunchtime.
- It was reported that the film star was having an adulterous relationship and had set up a luxurious love nest for his mistress.
- The couple have a love nest in the suburbs where they hole out for the weekend, away from the madness of the city.
- He had an apartment which he used as a love nest for his numerous illicit relationships.
The phrase has been used since the early 1900s.
Idiom of the Day
all of a sudden
all of a sudden Meaning: suddenly, without advance warning. Example: All of sudden it became dark and the rain started.