devil may care
- very casual attitude.
- worry-free or carefree attitude.
- reckless or defiant.
- relaxed and not worried about the results of your actions.
- The opening batsman’s devil-may-care approach may ruin his chances of securing a permanent spot in the team.
- She had a rather devil-may-care attitude towards money, which impressed me at the time.
- You must get rid of your devil-may-care attitude if you want to succeed.
- Jane acts so uncaring with her devil-may-care
- He has a rather devil-may-care attitude toward his studies.
First uses of this idioms was found in about 1765-95. But we do not have the precise original details of this idiom; if you do, please post a comment below.
careless; reckless; cavalier; unconcerned; free and easy; inattentive; rash; happy-go-lucky; heedless; foolhardy; easygoing; nonchalant.