- a street, corridor, road, pipe etc., that has no exit
- a position or job with no hope of progress; blind alley
- the situation or project with no prospects of improvements
- The interlocutors have reached a dead end in their efforts to discover a peaceful solution to the imbroglio.
- In spite of the scientist’s efforts the research leads to a dead end.
- This narrow passage dead-ends at the park.
- Burger shop is at the border of village on a dead end street.
- a dead end
- hit a dead end
- lead to a dead end
- reach a dead end
- dead end job
Idiom of the Day
aftermath Typically, "aftermath" meant to describe the period of time after something bad has happened. Meaning the effects of something traumatic the consequences of an event after effects ... Read on