- a street, corridor, road, pipe etc., that has no exit
- a position or job with no hope of progress; blind alley
- the situation or project with no prospects of improvements
- The interlocutors have reached a dead end in their efforts to discover a peaceful solution to the imbroglio.
- In spite of the scientist’s efforts the research leads to a dead end.
- This narrow passage dead-ends at the park.
- Burger shop is at the border of village on a dead end street.
- a dead end
- hit a dead end
- lead to a dead end
- reach a dead end
- dead end job
Idiom of the Day