- to be very horrific
- to bring a tingling effect to the spine because of how scary something is
- to be very scared of something
- The movie has the most spine-tingling end that you would never be able to guess.
- I never imagined such a spine-tingling end to his life. It has left me severely disturbed.
- No matter how spine-tingling the situation is, doctors have to move on with trying to save the person’s life.
- I experienced a spine-tingling accident on the road today.
- The marriage ended with a spine-tingling I never thought he could have an affair outside his marriage.
- She has a spine-tingling operation scheduled for later today, of course she is scared!
- I am going to tell you a spine-tingling story just now.
- You will not be able to tolerate this spine-tingling tale of the two brothers who got lost in the jungle.
- Her novel is spine-tingling and I loved it!
The origin is believed to be from the horror movies of the 80’s and the 90’s which became so popular that people would often recommend a “spine-tingling” experience. It reflects the imaginative human mind to be able to explain the unexplained is a terrifying manner.
Idiom of the Day
in the meantime
in the meantime Meaning | Definition simultaneously as something else happens or takes place at ‘that’ time when something else is happening to do something while waiting for ... Read on