in light of
in light of
also in the light of
Meaning | Synonyms
- because of
- in view of
- take something into consideration/account
- information that affects something
- knowledge that sheds light on something
- taking into account
- bearing in mind
- keeping in mind
- mindful of
- taking note of
- In light of what happened last week, please take care on the escalators.
- In light of the recent shortages, there will be a ration in supplies for everyone.
- In light of his financial situation, he decided to cancel his holiday plans.
- In light of the predicted weather, the school decided to postpone sports day.
- The police decided not to press charges in light of his good reputation and work with charitable causes.
- Animal Control Board has provided some information about leopards in light of recent sightings within the town.
- In light of the Coronavirus, a famous local brand has decided to shut their doors.
- Cadbury has changed its advertising in light of the Coronavirus epidemic.
- We are building a new house in light of prevailing situation.
- In the light of the pandemic, all international flights were canceled.
- The students are keeping their fingers crossed in the light of the poor realisation of marks from the teacher.
- Make your own choices in the light of your own wisdom. (Literal meaning example)
There seems to be no origin available for this phrase.
A suggestion of the origin would be that information arrives after the fact to make something clearer or more understood. The knowledge comes after something happens and would shed light on a specific situation giving all involved some clarity. When something dawns on you like that it can be like the sun coming up in your mind or a light bulb moment.