- an event that makes you feel happy
- something that moves you on an emotional level
- to touch someone's heart means to make them feel empathy or sympathy
Synonyms | Related Phrases
- touch someone's heart
- heart-breaking (Antonym)
- We watched a heart-touching movie about a boy who lived next to a concentration camp during the Second World War.
- The feedback that we received from the public was heart-warming.
- The girl's story about her lost dog was heart touching.
- Jane wrote a heart touching poem in the memory of her late grandmother.
- Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman return to India from Pakistan was a heart-touching moment for every Indian.
- A little daughter sent a heart touching message to her soldier father.
- My new colleague has told me a heart-touching incident about her life.
The phrase that is most often used is heart-warming, instead of heart touching. It seems as if heart touching is most often used in Nepal, Pakistan and India. Even though the phrase is not exactly the same, the meaning is.
It is not clear exactly how the phrase was first used. Most sources claim that the adjective can be traced back to the 1620s.
It seems as if the first publication of the phrase can only be traced back to the 1890s.
Even though the spelling may differ (some countries write it as one word, others as two) the meaning remains the same. It is a feeling that makes it feel as if your heart is being touched. This is also why people often say the experience touched their heart.
Idiom of the Day
discretion is the greater part of valour
discretion is the greater part of valour also, discretion is the better part of valour Meaning to be quiet about it after helping someone out to not make ... Read on