- to hurry something up
- to start working on something right away
- to get going
- to act upon something decisively and quickly
- The laundry man better get cracking with our clothes else we will miss the event.
- I better get cracking for my interview tomorrow.
- She ought to get cracking on her internship if she wants to finish the course in 3 years.
- Romeo got cracking in order to woo his Juliet.
- She has got cracking for the trip tomorrow since the last two days.
- She never got cracking on the question else she would have definitely found a solution.
- If you want to be successful then you better get cracking in pursuit of your bachelor’s degree.
- It took us a while to get cracking on this assignment but ever since we started it has been going smoothly.
- Sorry I did not get cracking when there was time.
- The tickets to this play are almost over so if you want one then you need to get cracking right away else you are sure to miss the show.
- It’s time I got cracking or we’ll miss the first half of the show.
The phrase is speculated to be from the 13th century Old English.
blow cover ❯❮ on the crest of a wave
Idiom of the Day
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand