a black day
Meaning | Synonyms
- it is a day on which something terrible has happened
- a day of a bad incident
- a day of grieve
- a day when something disastrous happens to someone
- My grandmother told me that it is a black day tomorrow.
- She grieved for her aunt’s death anniversary. It was her black day.
- It was a black day for girls when the local shopping center closed down.
- When we heard the news that our favorite Teacher had died, the entire school knew it was going to be a black day for all of us.
- Every normal person has a black day at least once in their lifetime.
There are different references available regarding this phrase. In Nepal, a black day is a name given to the anniversary of the declaration of new administrative law. In South Korea, a black day is an unofficial holiday in the month of April for the gathering of the people who are single. In Nigeria black day is a day on which a tanker full of fuel exploded which caused great harm. In Indiana – a Midwestern U.S. state, Black Day of the Indiana General Assembly is a day on which violence broke out amongst the members of the statehouse.
Idiom of the Day
don’t put all your eggs in one basket
don’t put all your eggs in one basket Meaning: don’t make everything dependent on one thing don’t put all your resources into one thing don’t depend for your ... Read on