as a result
as a result
Meaning | Synonyms
- the outcome of something that you have done.
- a result of anything that is willingly done by you
- the consequence of your own deed
- because of the occurrence of something
- it is the indication of the effect due to a cause
- As a result of this mishap, he was not on work for a week.
- David twisted his arms and, as a result, he won’t be taking part in the basketball tournament.
- Tom died as a result of an accident.
- Several houses were shattered as a result of the heavy storm.
- Jackson misbehaved with his boss; as a result, he lost the job.
- He took too many loans and as a result, he went bankrupt.
- Many local citizens died as a result of a bomb blast.
- Lots of fishes and other sea creatures had died as a result of the crude oil spilling.
This phrase came into existence in the early 15th century when people at that time started using the word result. The phrase was used as a final consequence of the actions or the events that have taken place. There were a range of possible outcomes of these actions and the sequence of events. Additionally, there is no definite origin available of this very phrase.