Meaning | Synonyms
- to urge somebody not to worry about something
- when someone gets tired trying to explain something to someone that they believe is not smart enough to understand
- to ensure someone that something is not important
- meaning that something that has been said about something applies even more to something else
- Never mind, I will do it myself.
- I wanted to ask you to bring home some supper, but never mind, I will quickly cook something.
- "The refraction of light causes the sky to be blue." "What?" "The sun scatters blue molecules more than any other colour." "I don't understand." "Never mind."
- Never mind Peter, how are you doing?
- Never mind, the figures are not important, what is important is whether people are enjoying the show.
- "I am sorry that I broke your vase." "Never mind, I can easily buy another one from the shop on the corner."
- This is the best macaroni and cheese in the world, never mind the town.
Believed to have originated in the late 1700s, originally "never mind it". It seems to have been changed to the phrase that we know today in the 1930s in America.
Idiom of the Day
take into account
take into account Meaning bear in mind consider allow for remember to include something in one's calculations to consider something while a situation Example Sentences I hope my ... Read on