- a child born out of wedlock
- a child born to parents who are not married to each other
- an illegitimate child
- a child whose father and mother are not married to each other
- The new actress in that movie is rumoured to be the love child of one of the most famous actors of the previous generation.
- A huge scandal broke out when it was discovered that the hit onscreen couple had a love child.
- Betty and Larry's affair led to a love child, and as a result Betty was spurned by her family.
- As a love child of a famous celebrity, he had it pretty hard during his early days, but in the in the end, he did quite well for himself.
- Charles and Tracy's short but passionate affair resulted in a love child, whom both of them decided to take care of together.
- The influential leader's political career came crashing down when the news broke out that he had a love child with one of his junior party members.
- The company director had to step down when it was discovered that he was have an affair with a colleague and even had a love child with her.
This phrase was first used in 1805.
Idiom of the Day