Meaning | Synonyms
- an energetic and volatile person
- a person who is very active
- someone who keeps on entertaining people
- a fun loving person
- a person filled with enthusiasm
- high flier
- bright spark
- John is such a live wire; he is a good source of entertainment.
- Jennifer is the only live wire – the rest of the group of is totally dull.
- Susanne is a real live wire; she spread positive vibes all over.
- We need a live wire like him in our company in order to attract more people.
- Harry is a live wire; we must invite him too, on a grand dinner tonight.
We were unable to obtain the precise origin of the idiomatic phrase “live wire.” In actual, a live wire is an electrical wire through which there is a flow of electricity, which is a form of energy. Hence, a person is said to be a live wire when he appears to be a very energetic one, just like a live wire which posses electrical energy.
Charlaine Harris used this phrase in 2007. It reads as follows
“She was irresistible, a laughing, chattering live wire, never at a loss for a word”