Meaning | Synonyms
- get what one deserves
- punishment or reward that is considered to be what the recipient deserved
- what you deserve
- what's coming to you
- a punishment or reward
- After the supervisor was suspended, many workers felt that he got his just deserts.
- He killed my innocent bird, but got his just deserts when he was beaten by somebody for abusing.
- Our neighbor Mr. Jones got just deserts when he was left helpless in need by her wife, he never ever respected her.
- Sarah has got no sympathy for her son and husband, she got his just deserts.
- The criminals must always receive their just desserts.
- Be patience - those who cheated you will get their just deserts one day.
- Those who work honestly will receive their just desserts.
1275–1325; Middle English < Old French deserte.
In fact its deserts, not desserts
The idiom is frequently reasonably written just desserts. Using just desserts is not an error, and it is much more common than just deserts in 21st-century texts.