fortune favours the bold
fortune favours the bold
- it refers to people who face problems with determination and courage are the ones who attain massive levels of success
- being a brave is often rewarded
- bravery brings the good luck
- fortune favours the brave
- fortune helps the brave
- fortune favours the strong
- nothing ventured, nothing gained
- The guy should have gone all out to achieve his destiny. He would have been married to the love of his life had he showed some courage back then. Fortune favours the bold.
- In this industry fortune favours the bold You cannot expect to be a successful action stuntman without being brave during scenes.
- I took the risk with these stocks hoping that fortune will favour the bold, but I ended up losing my entire life saving in just one transaction.
- While it is true that fortune favours the bold, you also need to look before you leap. My advice is to not take a risk that you don’t find worth the returns.
The phrase has a Latin origin (“audentes Fortuna iuvat”) and has been translated into English, which is also the reason why it has many variations. To meet challenges bravely makes a whole lot of difference to the consequences. People who are up for taking some risks often enjoy its benefits too.
follow by ❯❮ hope for the best, but prepare for the worst
Idiom of the Day
marry in haste, repent at leisure
Meaning: if you marry someone without knowing the person well, you will later regret your decision to marry
Example: Sally and Bob had hardly known each other for a few months before they decided to get married, and now they are having big problems. Marry in haste, repent at leisure! Read on
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand
This proverb gives us courage to face any challenges also it is very useful to write in an essay. As a student I used it in many places such like,in seminars to improve my speaking impact on student,in essay and more..because of this I probably use this proverb.
- Shaunak Yalmar July 24, 2022
This is a idiom which I usually tell myself during hard times. That there will be good times after the hard ones.
- Anonymous April 18, 2019
I really needed this because I have a precept brainstorming due tomorrow so this really helped for last minute.
- Anonymous December 7, 2018
Very well explained. Can even come up with a story related to.
- Hendrik Dankie July 31, 2018
As a student this page is very helpful to me.
- Mahi June 7, 2018
As a student I’m really satisfied with it.
I can make my own stories with this.
- Anonymous May 20, 2018
It gives correct and satisfying answers.
- Sneha February 25, 2018