end of story
end of story
- there is nothing more to add to the matter under discussion
- the discussion is complete, nothing more to be said
- said to emphasize that what is said is true there is no other possibility to change it
- there is no more to be said
- I did not invite her because I did not want her to come to my party. End of story.
- The bottom line is that they refused to extend our contract and did not pay us our dues. End of story.
- He said that he quit his job because he did not want to work in that company; end of story.
- I don't believe that he did all those bad things they are saying he did, end of story.
- If you do not come on time for the early morning camping trip, we will leave without you, end of story.
- If you let go of this excellent opportunity, you will never get another one as good as this; end of story.
- If you do not improve soon, you are going to lose your job, end of story.
- You took the decision, you have to stick to it. End of story.
This phrase originated in the USA.
Idiom of the Day
butterflies in stomach
butterflies in stomach Meaning | Synonyms to feel very nervous and restless to experience the anxiety, generally before when you are going to do something Butterflies in the ... Read on