under no illusions
be under no illusions
also, have no illusions
Meaning | Synonyms
- be completely conscious of the real status of situation
- to have a true perspective of things
- be fully aware of the true state of affairs
- I am under no illusion that living in Canada is going to be very easy.
- The NASA was under no illusion when they disconnected suddenly with the probe right before the landing on the surface of the Venus, they knew, it’s crashed.
- The company is under no illusion about this trial, which is the reason that they have offered such a high out of the court settlement amount.
- She is under no illusion about the fact that her parents will be choosing a groom for her. To be honest she is happy about it and likes that they will be selecting a partner for her.
- The director was under no illusion about the performance of the company when he finally got to the see the financial data for the quarter end.
- I can be under no illusion about how you intend to proceed with the treatment of this tumor.
- The mayor was under no illusion about the quality of infrastructure of the city. That is why he has been relentlessly working with other departments to make things better.
- My client is under no illusion about this case leading to something big in the future.
- The student was under no illusion about how he would score this time.
The phrase is speculated to have risen from either the medical or legal parlance.