happy wife happy life
happy wife, happy life,
also, happy spouse, happy house
- to have a good life, you need to have a good wife
- when the wife in a family is happy, she can help her husband in their home to be satisfied
- if a wife is happy in her marriage, the husband is also happy, and consequently has a delighted life
- The first time I heard the phrase “happy wife, happy life,” I was a small person in college and found it very pleasant.
- My husband has been a delighted person, and she has been using the phrase “happy wife, happy life” to describe me when we are in the company.
- I am planning to gift my wife an iPhone because I believe happy wife happy life.
The phrase “happy wife, happy life” is believed to appear in 1903 in the final verse of choice bit of doggerel called “The Work and Wages Party” where the words have been not more than a congeries but used in expressing causality, it reads:
“I’m a work and wages party man,
I say that’s what I am.
You’ll find me true and hearty, man,
For that is what I am.
Now, let’s rejoice to end the strife,
With all the kids in clover,
A happy wife, a happy life,
And a jolly good turn over.”
Google book does not help find the origin of the idiom. The most expression shown by the google book includes the marital expression and advice guide, particularly in those who believe in Christian orientation. Many people also think that the phrase started from a real estate ad in a series of real estate ads in 1958, in Abilene, Texas:
Abilene! Happy Wife!
Heap O’ Livin’
1358 Leggett Drive.
2-bedroom, deck, plus every luxury in the book. Come by, take a look, and make an offer.”
According to the research done concerning the phrase, it is through that the phrase “happy wife happy life” is a true idiom. When it comes to gender roles in a family, the woman rules the home, and the husband brings money to be used. The woman’s moods need to be good to enable the family’s happiness.