- short working hours
- a work day that begins late and ends early
- a working day that is shorter than usual or acceptable
- working or being open for the shortest and most inconvenient amount of time
- especially, working hours that start at 10 am and end at 2 pm or 3 pm.
- a very easy job, which requires short working hours
- With our boss on leave, most of us worked banker's hours for the whole week.
- He's working banker's hours today, he has to leave for a doctor's appointment after lunch.
- I wish my job was an easy one, which required banker's hours.
- Does that department do any work? They seems to be doing banker's hours.
- He is so efficient at his work that he only requires to work banker's hours.
- I am so tired of my job, I envy people who have to work banker's hours.
Refers to the traditional working hours of a bank, which were from 10 to 3 during the 1800s to the mid and late 1900s.
Idiom of the Day