have a stormy relationship
- a relationship with many disagreements
- a relationship with frequent quarrels
- a relationship with a lot of arguments and shouting
- an unpredictable but sometimes passionate relationship
- After having a very stormy relationship for around two years, they decided to separate.
- Sometimes two people of opposite personalities are attracted to each other, but they usually have a very stormy relationship.
- He had a very stormy relationship with his boss, and so decided to look for a new job.
- The couple down the street in our neighbourhood have a very stormy relationship, and you can hear them shouting and arguing heatedly almost every day.
- After having watched her best friend go through an ugly divorce, Martha said she was glad that she did not have a stormy relationship with her husband.
- During the first few years of their marriage, they used to have a very stormy relationship, but over the time, they made the effort to understand each other and now they are the very supportive of each other.
- Sam and Sally had a very stormy relationship - they had frequent disagreements and were always arguing.
- Instead of carrying on with this stormy relationship, why don't you call it off?
The origin of this phrase is not known.
Idiom of the Day