- someone especially a politician whose career is finished
- someone who has passed the peak of his or her career
- The officer is retiring from his job next month, soon he will be a yesterday’s man.
- It had only been a week when Ria’s saloon kick-started and now due to financial crisis she’ll be closing her shop. She’s a yesterday’s man now.
- No sooner had the actor done a blockbuster, he was accused of his involvement in a scam & prisoned. He is a yesterday’s man now.
- Only after an hour of his being elected as home minister, the media dismissed him as a yesterday’s man due to wrong means of buying votes.
- You have to be cautious & not make any mistake at this point of your career else you will be a yesterday’s man.
- After being involved in drug addiction & gambling, the singer became a yesterday’s man.
- If you do not want to be a yesterday’s man, keep learning & improving yourself so that you keep evolving.
- It is essential to be up to date with the ongoing trend in your field of work else you’ll be a yesterday’s man.
Any information about the origin of this idiom is currently unavailable with us.
Idiom of the Day