the late unpleasantness
- the war that took place recently
- No sooner had Japanese recovered from the late unpleasantness, a massive volcanic eruption took place destroying huge no. of lives & property.
- Don’t you think the late unpleasantness could have been avoided had our leaders communicated properly with other countries.
- The late unpleasantness of 1999 between India & Pakistan is remembered for the valour of Indian soldiers & their martyrdom.
- Had the land dispute of the bordering countries taken seriously & worked upon, the late unpleasantness could have been avoided & so could be the death of innocents.
- It was figured that the reason behind the late unpleasantness our country wasn’t any problem but a political agenda.
This phrase was originally used for the American Civil War (1861-1865).
Share your thoughts