love of life
love of life
- the person who is loved most by someone in all their life
- the person someone wants to spend the rest of their life with
- the person that someone cannot stop loving come what may.
- After having spent most of his life being single, he finally found the love of his life at the ripe old age of fifty.
- She was the love of his life, and he could not bear the thought of being away from her.
- With a heavy heart, he stood there, watching, as the love of his life said her final goodbye and went on to board a plane to the other side of the world.
- They were the love of each other’s lives and even after all these years, they were still the beautifully romantic couple they had been when they were young.
- With every new relationship, he used to say that he had found the love of his life, but after a few years, he used to lose interest.
- John thought of Emily as the love of his life, but he was too shy to go on and profess his feelings for her.
The origin of the phrase is not known.
Idiom of the Day
marry in haste, repent at leisure
Meaning: if you marry someone without knowing the person well, you will later regret your decision to marry
Example: Sally and Bob had hardly known each other for a few months before they decided to get married, and now they are having big problems. Marry in haste, repent at leisure! Read on
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand