in no time
in no time
Meaning | Synonyms
- a very short period of time
- very quickly
- almost instantly
- what feels like a very short period of time, even though it isn’t really
- very soon
- quickly / rapidly
- I completed the project in no time at all.
- If we all work together on the essay, we will be able to complete it in no time.
- Now that they have built the high speed rail network we can get to Shanghai in no time.
- We will be out of here in no time. I just have to reset the router.
- You can easily bake a cake from scratch. It will be done in no time.
- I can’t believe how quickly our children have grown up. In no time they will be off to college.
- It feels like we have just arrived on the island, I can’t believe that our holiday is almost over. In no time we will be back at work.
The phrase was first used in the early 1800s. It is a hyperbolic way of stating that a task will take a very short amount of time.
The phrase is often expanded to “in next to no time” or even “in less than no time.”
Share your thoughts