get to know
get to know
Meaning | Synonyms
- receiving the information
- picking up things well
- finding out new things about someone
- learning about something
- obtaining the data
- becoming familiar with something
- gaining knowledge about something
- It took me a while to get to know my in-laws and understanding their lifestyle.
- Riana and Sam were getting to know each other in a better way by spending time together.
- He would get to know the people in the industry soon.
- If you are willing to marry Sara, you should get to know her first.
- We are getting to know our neighbors since we bought a new house in society.
- I will get to know the reason behind the failure of the project.
- I have just arrived in this Country so it will take me some time to get to know more about it.
We were unable to trace the accurate origin of this phrase, but it can be said that the phrase "get to know" is the combination of two words "get" and "know." 'Get' means to acquire and 'know' means to be aware.
Idiom of the Day
the course of true love never did run smooth
the course of true love never did run smooth Meaning people in love often have to overcome difficulties in order to be with each other true love always ... Read on