- situation where two bad things happen at the same time
- double blow or setback.
- Boss fired me from the job and I lost my wallet too, what a double whammy?
- It is a double whammy for Lara; she lost his son and husband in terrible road accident.
- Media claims the cut in public spending coupled with a pay freeze is a double whammy for low-paid workers.
- With the heat-wave and the electricity breakdown problems, Indians were hit with a double whammy this summer.
- Indian public have faced the double whammy of rising rupees and falling incomes.
- A double whammy when the house was burned along with the safe locker contained money.
Idiom of the Day
over and over again
over and over again Meaning again and again something happening in frequent intervals to do something multiple times Example Sentences I have cleaned up this mess over and ... Read on