- situation where two bad things happen at the same time
- double blow or setback.
- Boss fired me from the job and I lost my wallet too, what a double whammy?
- It is a double whammy for Lara; she lost his son and husband in terrible road accident.
- Media claims the cut in public spending coupled with a pay freeze is a double whammy for low-paid workers.
- With the heat-wave and the electricity breakdown problems, Indians were hit with a double whammy this summer.
- Indian public have faced the double whammy of rising rupees and falling incomes.
- A double whammy when the house was burned along with the safe locker contained money.