Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving Day that is also known as the first day of the Christmas holidays and shopping time of the year when sellers provide attractive sale offers and huge discounts on items.
Meaning | Synonyms
- a day of a financial disaster
- day when the prices of selling items are drastically reduced in order to attract the customers
- the most famous shopping day
- it is the first day of the Christmas shopping season that includes special deals and discount offers for the buyers
- My friends wait desperately for online sales on Black Friday.
- Most of the things that the shopkeepers sell on Black Friday are to create space for the newer items.
- Every year, there are more crowds during the Black Friday than the previous year.
- Black Fridaywas supposed to be a chaotic day.
Many people believe that the phrase Black Friday was originated in the early 17th century, where students used it as a Friday on which an examination is held. Afterward,during the 1960s it was used in the sense of a shopping day, where it was considered to be the first day of the Christmas shopping season. It is thought that the reason behind calling it a Black Friday is because the accounts of the retailers went from being 'Red' to 'Black' due to the special discounts and deals offered to the customers by them.
Idiom of the Day
discretion is the greater part of valour
discretion is the greater part of valour also, discretion is the better part of valour Meaning to be quiet about it after helping someone out to not make ... Read on