walk out on
walk out on
- end a relationship with someone suddenly
- leave someone with whom you have a romantic relationship
- to abandon someone
- leave your spouse and end the relationship with them
- Everyone was shocked when he walked out on his wife of fourteen years and their two beautiful children aged ten and seven.
- After having a bitter argument, Jose walked out on Anne without so much as a final goodbye.
- Upset over her husband’s drinking habits, she walked out on him, ending their three year old marriage.
- Her husband had walked out on her a year ago, but she still clung on to his belongings, hoping that someday he will return to her.
- Mary walked out on Roy when she found out that he had been cheating on her right from the beginning of their relationship.
- He walked out on her when he realized that she was not serious about their relationship anymore.
- He realized that he had made a mistake when he had walked out on her, and knew that he would have to regret his indiscretion for the rest of his life.
- You have been together for so long, don’t walk out on him just like that, give your relationship another chance.
The origin of the phrase is not known.
Idiom of the Day
comb through Meaning | Definition to check thoroughly to examine properly to be looking for or searching for something Example Sentences The police combed through their house after ... Read on