also smitten by
- suddenly start to like or love someone very much
- affected by love
- infatuated with someone
- in love with someone
- obsessed with someone
- He is completely smitten with love for her.
- He was so smitten by her charming personality and attractive appearance that he left his long time girlfriend to be with her.
- This new book is about a rich young entrepreneur who is smitten with a college graduate and how he pursues her and secures her love.
- He was so smitten with her that he was ready to follow her anywhere around the world just to be with her.
- Ann was smitten by the man she met at a party and has been with him ever since.
- When you are smitten with love for someone you are unable to tell their bad qualities from the good and that leads to problems in the relationship later.
- You could tell that she was smitten by him, but he was not interested and was just playing her on.
- He was smitten by his dance teacher and used to go the her classes whenever he had free time.
The origin if the phrase is not known.
Idiom of the Day
comb through Meaning | Definition to check thoroughly to examine properly to be looking for or searching for something Example Sentences The police combed through their house after ... Read on