diamond is forever
a diamond is forever
or diamonds are forever
- It is the slogan of the popular diamond seller De Beers.
- They have coined this phrase as a marketing slogan for the products that they sell, which are made of diamonds.
- ‘No matter how much you love your man, it is the diamond that lasts forever’, joked the girls at the brunch table.
- A woman loves nothing more than her diamonds, they do last forever.
- Whether the relationship lasts forever cannot be guaranteed but the diamond will last forever.
- She takes good care of her jewellery because she wants to pass it to her granddaughter. She knows that a diamond lasts forever.
In 1948, De Beers coined this term as their marketing slogan. They have been using it ever since and it is popular even now in the year 2016. In 1950, an Ohio newspaper printed this phrase to cover a story. Although it is speculated that the first known literary use of this phrase was in 1925 by Anita Loos in her book ‘Gentlemen Prefer Blondes’.
This slogan is popularly used in common parlance now when one is referring to diamonds because of their durability and longevity. A diamond is not spoilt with time.