- already seen (Literal meaning in French)
- a feeling that one has already experienced something that is happening currently
- psychology the false impression of having already experienced something in real being experienced for the first time.
- She suddenly had a strong sense of déjà vu.
- When I entered the church, I had a strange sense of déjà vu.
- When I saw the image, I had a strange feeling of déjà vu.
- After the marriage ceremony, when I took first drink, I had strange feeling of déjà vu.
Déjà vu, from French, literally “already seen”, is the phenomenon of having the strong sensation that an event or experience currently being experienced has been experienced in the past, whether it has actually happened or not.
Idiom of the Day
by dint of
by dint of Meaning: as result of something. Example: Mark got what he wanted by dint of requesting and threatening.