- impress someone very much
- surprise or please someone greatly
- overwhelm someone
- This new has has such an interesting story and an amazing ending that it just blew me away.
- You must visit the exhibition that’s being held in that gallery. It has so many beautiful paintings, it will blow you away.
- The teacher was blown away by the poems written by his students.
- The champion player was blown away watching the performance of the teenage prodigy.
- This movie is so amazing, it will just blow you away.
- The young and new team blew everyone away by their terrific performances in their inaugural competition.
- The stories of his adventures during his trekking trip will blow you away.
- He is such a good guitarist. His performance blew me away.
This phrase originated in the late 1500s.
Idiom of the Day
by dint of
by dint of Meaning: as result of something. Example: Mark got what he wanted by dint of requesting and threatening.