there’s no time like the present
there's no time like the present
- right now is the best time
- asks to do something right away
- advice to make the most of today
- The master chef always told me that there's no time like the present to start working on your signature dish.
- I understand that there's no time like the present but I have to develop this idea further before I start working on the business plan.
- You know there's no time like the present to confess your love to your partner.
- There is no time like the present to start this venture because the government is fully supportive of the sustainable energy and its related reforms.
- It is true that there is no time like the present to do what your heart always desired.
The evolution of language itself has seen many turns throughout history and the development of English phrases are sometimes based on what they literally mean. This phrase is in the same category. It originated in the ancient English as an advice to make the most of the present day and has been a popular phrase used all over the world ever since. The literary origin is likely to be in the 1400's.
- the best day is today