Meaning | Synonyms
- food that is tasty but has less or no nutritional value is referred to as fast food
- also, anything which seems attractive but is of no use is junk food
- processed or packaged foods that are high in calories but low in nutrition
Fast food is also known as junk food; examples include pizza, burger, French fries, candies, fizzy drinks, etc. It depends on the method of preparation method also. Excess junk food is considered bad for health, according to research. Still, it is trendy among youths.
- Nina loves French fries and other fast food.
- She is so addicted to such fast food that she now she completely avoids proper meals.
- Doctors say that a high intake of junk food can slow down our metabolism.
- Fast food tastes good, no matter how unhealthy it is.
- Recently, a debate on whether junk food should be highly taxed in order to cure obesity was a matter of talk.
- According to recent reports from WHO, about 60% of Hungarians have reduced their fast food intake due to excess tax duty levied on junk food.
The term “fast food” was first popularized by a drive-through restaurant in the 1950s in the United States. The term was later recognized in 1951. The first chips were fried in England around 1860s from which the origin of “fish and chips” shop and the fast food industry emerged. Although the literal meaning of the idiom can be understood as fast cooked food, but it is a commercial term limited to food sold in restaurants in processed and frozen form and served to customers and later emerged as fast food chains.
Idiom of the Day
a bed of roses
a bed of roses Meaning easy option a comfortable or luxurious position an effortless, happy situation a luxurious circumstances a trouble-free living Example Sentences She found that taking care of old ... Read on