strive to do
strive to do
- to try very hard to achieve
- to be doing something meticulously in order to achieve good results
- to dedicate tough efforts to do something
- struggle for some work to get done
- This is perhaps the only politician that I have come across who strives to do what he promised.
- I am striving to achieve my goals of getting into the top management college of the country.
- She strives to prove herself every day.
- He is striving to earn so much so that he can pay for his father's surgery.
- I have strived to have come up in the social circle by participating in as many events as I possibly could.
- My daughter strives to get better marks but her focus is always on sports and extracurricular activities.
- You must always remember that when you strive to achieve something, it is most likely that you will figure out a way to get it.
- I cannot believe that you have strived to earn the last two years just so that you could get an upgrade on your car. Was it worth the time and effort that you put into it?
The phrase originates for its literal meaning. The action verb in the phrase can be switched with any other as per the usage and scenario.
Idiom of the Day
beyond the veil
beyond the veil Meaning: In an inexplicable or concealed place or condition, especially the mysterious state of existence after death. Example: Many people have tried to discover beyond ... Read on