- wait patiently
- wait and take no action
- stay where you are
- take no action till something happens
- wait until further notice
- Just relax and sit tight, we’ll get the problem sorted for you.
- During times of financial turbulence, its best to sit tight and not make any hasty investment decisions.
- The doctor told him to just sit tight while he bandaged his injured leg.
- Should we send him a reply or just sit tight and see what he does next?
- I’m going to sit tight and not pay these charges till I get a clarification from the bank.
- The coach advised his team to sit tight and wait for the results to come in.
- I have not decided upon which course to take. I’ll sit tight till I get the results of the entrance test.
- I think you should just sit tight and not interfere while he gets this fixed.
This phrase originated during the 1700s.