prevention is better than cure
prevention is better than cure
also, prevent it than cure it
Meaning | Synonyms
- easier to stop problems than correct them later
- it is better, in the long run, to stop something bad or illness before it happens
- avoid something rather than deal with the consequences
- head off a disaster
- It is good to keep vaccinations up to date as prevention is better than cure.
- Wash your hands regularly while we are in the middle of this pandemic, we all know that prevention is better than cure.
- I stayed away from my friend when he had a virus. I would rather prevent it than cure it. Better to be safe than sorry.
- This incident made survived patients learn the biggest lesson of life that, “Prevention is better than cure.”
- Medicines may help your heart to repair, but prevention is always better than cure.
- Prevention is better than cure – a famous old proverb fits perfectly in this current situation of the pandemic.
- Prevention is better than cure, particularly where there is no auspicious treatment.
Prevention is the act of stopping something from happening or avoiding it altogether. So, the proverbial saying prevention is better than cure means that it is sensible to stop a bad thing or an illness from happening in the first place than to have to deal with awful problems, worse health issues or damages later. It comes from as early as the 17th century and there is a Latin translation from even earlier (13th century) saying that it is better to meet a problem in time than to seek a remedy later.
This slogan is used by the UK Department of Health and Social Care as their vision to help British citizens live well for longer. It is the government’s plan to put prevention of illness at the heart of the nation’s health.
There is a good example of this phrase in action in 2020. Most countries took precautions to prevent their people from falling ill with the coronavirus. By preventing them from going to work, socialising, shaking hands, touching, it is a way of keeping them as safe as possible. By staying socially distanced and washing hands regularly they hoped it would save the majority of the population from illness and wouldn’t overwhelm the medical services. So, by trying to prevent everyone from catching the virus it is better than having to cure it at a later date.
Share your thoughts3 Thoughts
It essentially means that it's better to stop the things before it happens instead of having to repair it or deal with it's consequences after it has already been done. It perfectly fills the space with the situation we are going through. As we all know, we all are going through hard time due to covid. As many countries and our country has took the decision of shutting done everything. Even every sectors got affected but behind this government has reason. At this time being socialising , shaking hands. So, keeping about some distance taking precautions , washing hands on a regular basis. So, by trying to prevent everyone from getting ill, so prevention is better than cure.
- Yuvraj Kumar September 7, 2021
Prevention is better than cure meaning avoiding something bad which will harm your body.
- Sozi Elijah March 18, 2021
Please give answer who do we say that precaution is better than cure and what is immunity? Explain the concept of vaccine.
- Anonymous August 10, 2020