in a row
in a row
Meaning | Synonyms
- to happen a couple of consecutive times without break
- making in a line of something
- something that occurs in a sequence
- to get your ducks in a row means to get your affairs in order
- He has been sick for three days in a row.
- I can’t believe that my husband has made me go the same place for our anniversary three years in a row.
- My sister has won eight tennis matches in a row. She is thinking of playing professionally.
- Before I buy a house, I will need to get all of my ducks in a row.
- He will have to get all of his ducks in a row if he wants her to marry him.
- He really has all of his ducks in a row. I cannot believe how much he has grown up over the last year.
- Kolten Wong has missed his target twice in a row on water cooler celebrations.
- Real Madrid progress to third Champions League final in a row.
The phrase “in a row” literally means something that happens consecutively. It is thus easy to understand that it has been used in literal fashion denoting things that happen after each other.
Idiom of the Day
bits and pieces
bits and pieces Meaning miscellaneous small objects mixed tiny pieces small objects of jobs of many different types a variety of tiny articles or piece Example Sentences After the accident, there were ... Read on