- a cheat sheet is a sheet containing information
- a written, or graphic aid that is used by someone when answering questions to which they do not know the answers
- a guide used to help remember something difficult or complex
- in IT, it is a reference tool that is used to complete a task
- John got caught using a cheat sheet during the test, he will be receiving a failing grade and will be in detention for the next three months.
- I just started at a new IT company, even though I am not sure how to do all of the work, my boss has supplied me with a cheat sheet that will show me how to do all of the tasks.
- When answering questions by the press, the CEO used a cheat sheet, containing answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- I can never remember all of the formulas that we need to use in chemistry, so I have made a handy cheat sheet that I have laminated and put on my desk.
The origin of the word cheat can be traced back to the 14th century, meaning a fraud committed by deception. It is from the Middle English word “eschete”, which meant that land would revert to the king if there were no heirs.
Idiom of the Day
- United States
- United Kingdom
- New Zealand