- a cheat sheet is a sheet containing information
- a written, or graphic aid that is used by someone when answering questions to which they do not know the answers
- a guide used to help remember something difficult or complex
- in IT, it is a reference tool that is used to complete a task
- John got caught using a cheat sheet during the test, he will be receiving a failing grade and will be in detention for the next three months.
- I just started at a new IT company, even though I am not sure how to do all of the work, my boss has supplied me with a cheat sheet that will show me how to do all of the tasks.
- When answering questions by the press, the CEO used a cheat sheet, containing answers to the most frequently asked questions.
- I can never remember all of the formulas that we need to use in chemistry, so I have made a handy cheat sheet that I have laminated and put on my desk.
The origin of the word cheat can be traced back to the 14th century, meaning a fraud committed by deception. It is from the Middle English word “eschete”, which meant that land would revert to the king if there were no heirs.
Idiom of the Day
the upper crust Meaning: the aristocracy and upper classes, informal the highest social class or group; especially the highest circle of the upper class. Example: Reservation system was ... Read on