- The bulging of the eyes out is known as being bug eyed.
- It represents someone having seen something that is extraordinary that causes their eyes to pop out.
- Bug-eyed refers to looking at a person’s loved one also.
- Something amazing or superlative positive makes people bug eyed. It used to refer to being frightened too but is now only used to reflect amazement.
- I was bug eyed looking at her wedding dress and jewelry. Her parents have gone over and above to see her happy.
- The children were bug-eyed looking at that massive cookie that was made as an attempt to enter the world records. Of course they helped in eating it after the entry was made.
- She spends so much time on her hair and make-up whenever she is about to go for her party. But today I was bug-eyed looking at her dress up for work too.
- When looking for ancient artefacts the archaeologists were bug-eyed at finding so many clay idols at one site.
- The way he scored all those runs for his team, the match made everyone watching it bug eyed.
The origin of this phrase is not available.