- sudden and unaccountable desire to do something
- refers to the sudden instinct to act compulsively
- Acting on what appeared to be a blind impulse, she submitted her resignation.
- I changed my career path out of blind impulse.
- The government’s decision to settle refugees was an act of blind impulse.
- Sometimes I dream that I become wealthy and famous out of blind impulse.
- It may not be wise to make decisions through blind impulse, but some situations call for quick action.
- Acting on blind impulse, she decided to call off her engagement.
- Her decision to change schools was an act of blind impulse, but her parents agreed because she needed a change of environment.
Currently, the origin of the idiom is yet to be established. However, it appears on several famous quotes from renowned authors, activists, and leaders, to mention a few. Below are some of the popular quotes.
“False conclusions which have been reasoned out are definitely worse than blind impulse.” – Horace Mann.
“For the whole consequence of evolution from blind impulse through the conscious will to self-conscious knowledge.” – Otto Rank.